A browser with a video downloading feature
DU Browser, formerly Baidu Browser, is a fast and fun way to browse the web for Android.
The Baidu Browser offers a lot of fun features that you just don’t get with regular browsers, like floating video playback, smart news feed, meme tools and so much more.
One of the best features we’ve found of DU browser is the internal MP3 player; this allows you to download MP3s, make playlists and play your music while you browse without taking up extra processing power or running other apps in the background.
You’ll also get some of the fastest browsing around with the included T5 kernel that speeds up browsing up to 20% on bad connections and older devices.
Some users have complained that copying and pasting text from the clipboard can be hit and miss, something to think about.
- Download MP3s Right in Your Browser Tired of having half a dozen apps on your phone to download videos and music to your phone? Baidu browser includes an internal MP3 player and song downloader!
- Floating Video Playback and Increased Browsing Speed Baidu’s proprietary T5 Kernel boosts browsing and processing speeds, as well as allowing you to “pop out” your videos and watch them while you scroll down the page.
- Incognito Browsing Mode and Enhanced Privacy Features Block ads right from inside the app, enjoy enhanced incognito browsing mode and other privacy features without add-ons and plug-ins.
- Known Copy/Paste Errors Sometimes copying and pasting in the Baidu Browser doesn’t work correctly.
- Needs T5 Kernel to Work Many enhanced features of the browser require you to run Baidu’s T5 Kernel; without it floating video and performance boosts don’t work right.
* Bugs Fixed
Potentially dangerous permissions
- CAMERA: Required to be able to access the camera device.
- GET_ACCOUNTS: Allows access to the list of accounts in the Accounts Service.
- READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to read from external storage.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Allows read only access to phone state, including the phone number of the device, current cellular network information, the status of any ongoing calls, and a list of any PhoneAccounts registered on the device.
- RECORD_AUDIO: Allows an application to record audio.
- WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: Allows an application to write to external storage.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: Allows applications to access information about networks.
- ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Allows applications to access information about Wi-Fi networks.
- CLEAR_APP_CACHE: Allows an application to clear the caches of all installed applications on the device.
- GET_TASKS: This constant was deprecated in API level 21. No longer enforced.
- INSTALL_SHORTCUT: Allows an application to install a shortcut in Launcher.
- INTERNET: Allows applications to open network sockets.
- KILL_BACKGROUND_PROCESSES: Allows an application to call killBackgroundProcesses(String).
- MOUNT_UNMOUNT_FILESYSTEMS: Allows mounting and unmounting file systems for removable storage.
- READ_LOGS: Allows an application to read the low-level system log files.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Allows an application to receive the ACTION_BOOT_COMPLETED that is broadcast after the system finishes booting. If you don't request this permission, you will not receive the broadcast at that time. Though holding this permission does not have any security implications, it can have a negative impact on the user experience by increasing the amount of time it takes the system to start and allowing applications to have themselves running without the user being aware of them. As such, you must explicitly declare your use of this facility to make that visible to the user.
- RESTART_PACKAGES: This constant was deprecated in API level 8. The restartPackage(String) API is no longer supported.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Allows an app to create windows using the type TYPE_SYSTEM_ALERT, shown on top of all other apps. Very few apps should use this permission; these windows are intended for system-level interaction with the user.
- VIBRATE: Allows access to the vibrator.
- WAKE_LOCK: Allows using PowerManager WakeLocks to keep processor from sleeping or screen from dimming.
- WRITE_SETTINGS: Allows an application to read or write the system settings.